20090728

"Put the anta back in Atlanta..."


Apparently these bumper stickers have been around for a few years, but I saw my first one emblazoned across the back bumper of a truck otherwise covered in camoflauge vinyl (not surprising). Now, for a little background, Atlanta has been coined the ATL, particularly by the hip-hop community and that moniker has become very well known. It is the abbreviation given to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, much like those given to other airports (i.e. LAX, STL, JFK, etc.) and was made widely known by the local hip-hop group Outkast when they released their second album, ATLiens in 1996.

Now in what way is the use of the term ATL grating on this guy's nerves? I can only make one assumption there...I'm going to use the term ATL more now.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

Don't care much for Atlanta. Anything south of Dawsonville sucks. I went to high school down in Albany and I couldn't wait to graduate and get the fuck out of south GA.

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville

J-Rod said...

I'm up north in Buford and grew up in Blue Ridge. I know several folks from Albany.