Piping almost complete. I had to make some PVC parts fit and find a proper flange that I could use a gasket on. Now I have to bolt it down, solvent weld the piping, and wrap it with fiberglass wrap. All pretty easy and should be complete tonight. I also routed the beer lines and the Coldtower line so that the whole system stay chilled continuously. Hopefully I won't need a return for a short setup like this, but we will find out once I have completed this portion and do a temperature test. I've tried keeping everything sealed and insulated to minimize sweating or hot spots. I may be going a little overkill, but it's better to do it right the first time, eh?
I'm down to finish work and plumbing into the kegerator. This has been an interesting project to say the least, but it has also given me the bug to do more projects like it. I haven't been messing with bikes or cars or anything for a while, so having something to tinker with is kinda nice.
Moving along on the tap wall/bar project. I built a chalkboard over the taps with chalkboard paint and some of the same strips of wood used for the wall. The backsplash is done, but the tap system is still being constructed. I am using a cooling fan to push air into the box from the kegerator itself, but I wanted to make sure that it didn't sweat through the MDF tap box or where the shanks run through three layers of wall. I sprayed it all with rubber coating after I caulked the corners of the box. I then layered it with insulation tape, then 1" foam insulation, then another layer of insulation tape. This should prove to be effective in keeping the box and lines cold so that the beer doesn't foam up. I am shooting for the being done in the next week or so and I am pretty close as it is, but I just need to tidy everything up and make sure that the whole system works. 100% overkill...
I have a bar in the basement that had some dated-looking tile backsplash. I liked the idea of a pallet wood wall, but I found out that there is a company that sells "pre-weathered" wood for that very purpose. After tearing apart several pallets, I just opted to buy a couple of boxes of that wood and save the trouble of cleaning/sanding/staining pine from pallets. Here is the progress so far.