20161121

Gettin' crazy with the cheeze whiz...

Moving along on the tap wall/bar project. I built a chalkboard over the taps with chalkboard paint and some of the same strips of wood used for the wall. The backsplash is done, but the tap system is still being constructed. I am using a cooling fan to push air into the box from the kegerator itself, but I wanted to make sure that it didn't sweat through the MDF tap box or where the shanks run through three layers of wall. I sprayed it all with rubber coating after I caulked the corners of the box. I then layered it with insulation tape, then 1" foam insulation, then another layer of insulation tape. This should prove to be effective in keeping the box and lines cold so that the beer doesn't foam up. I am shooting for the being done in the next week or so and I am pretty close as it is, but I just need to tidy everything up and make sure that the whole system works. 100% overkill...





No comments: