20091201

Ponderings of a motorcycle junky...




I was on ADV Rider last night when I came across an ad that piqued my interest. A guy had up a late model KLR 650 for sale or trade for an enclosed motorcycle trailer. It had sold before I caught it, but it made me realize...I want a KLR 650 and I have a big ass, tandem axle Haulmark Low-Hauler that sits in storage 355 days or so a year. Do I sell or trade my trailer for a KLR? Then I started wandering further...what if I sold it and got that new Baker 4 speed and some other goodies for the Shovelhead? I really need to have a bike that's done, reliable, and not leaking like a stuck pig before I can finish the CFL, and that would set it off. I had already called that goober Jason Hallman and got the price for the Baker a week or so before, so I knew how much that, a top end, an inner primary, new wiring, and a new clutch for the Shovel would cost. But then again, I really want an early 60's longbed C10 too. Hmmm...

2 comments:

STANDARDJOSH said...

welcome to my world!
my mind is always going like that...
sometimes i wish i never was around custom things so i didnt get the addiction!

hope your holidays are good!

J-Rod said...

Yeah...that's my life. It must be easy for the people that have no hobbies...but what would you do for fun? hahaha

Yeah man, I hope you get to spend of time with your little girl over the holidays. Hopefully we don't fuck these kids up, huh?