20100504

Two Stroke Fury...

My buddy Josh's S2 350 Saki wasn't wanting to turn over. Since I didn't know much about these going in, I thought I would pull the heads and see what the story was. I pulled of the carbs, cut the seized throttle cables, pulled the 900 lbs. of exhaust and started on head bolts...wait, there's not pushrods, so it's not OHV...no cam gears either, so it's not OHC...OH, it's a two stroke. Pull the "heads" and then pulled a jug to start determining if the pistons were seized. This thing is hilarious. People back in '72 used to talk about how scary fast it was, but when it's apart it has three lawnmower sized pistons in it...with lawn mower piston rings. It's a big weedeater basically. I can either rebuild it here or take it down to Ace Hardware. hahaha.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

dillspaintworks said...

just rode a cr 500 for the first time! changed my life