20120105

Beer post...

First off, I was disappointed by the Rogue, as I expected it to really taste like a maple bacon donut and while it was sweet in the beginning, it left a smokey aftertaste which is not something I enjoy. Smoked beers are gross to me...maybe it's an acquired taste, but a beer that tastes like Liquid Smoke is not appealing to me.

I would like to thank my brother-in-law though. This beer isn't available in Georgia through regular distributors, so he ordered me a bottle for Christmas directly from Rogue in Portland.



Hebrew Jewbilation 14. A 14th anniversary beer for the company with 14% alcohol. Sweet and strong at the same time, this is like a thick malty whiskey. I've been holding this bottle for over a year and I cracked it open to celebrate New Year's. Absolutely awesome beer if you're not afraid of an EXTRA high gravity taste. It's definitely not a chugger or for the faint of heart.

3 comments:

JBMFT said...

14%?!? Jesus...

T1 said...

Then you would just LOVE Shiner Smokhause.....Its like drinking a liquid brisket samich

J-Rod said...

Aecht makes what the call a Rauchbier in Germany. Rauch means smoke. It tastes like a burnt hot dog.