20090115

Hendersons!

So a friend sent me the ad to a bike show in Charlotte and on the cover was this custom version of what appeared to be a straight 4 cyl motorcycle. It said Choppers Inc on it so I got to looking. Sure enough, here is what I found:



This is awesome, I'm glad there is at least one other person out there that likes the old stuff. I hate that he used a BMW trans but I'm guessing it was an engine with the rear chopped off to put it in a plane (somewhat common for these motors I am told) so he probably had to come up with something. I am well aware that parts for these are not plentiful or easy to access!

In any case, it's inspiration. I have a 1918 version of this same engine. The things holding me up are, firstly pistons, second a frame/wheels/seat/lights/brakes/etc. I'm pretty sure if I can get the first thing then I can make the motor run and from there I can build a frame and acquire the rest as I go. Pistons are so hard to find, and I don't have any originals to base off of, that I'm kind of stuck....

But it's still good to see what can be done, even if I am pretty jealous the guy beat me to it!

2 comments:

Irish Rich said...

Egge will have your pistons and rings, call them. If they don't have them, they'll make them:

http://www.egge.com/

Have I ever led you wrong?

J-Rod said...

Actually, that's Rob's Henderson (the other dude who posts here), but thanks, Rich.

...and no, you've never led me wrong.