20090111

Tranny building IV...

Been a while, but I'm waiting on some parts and have been using that as an excuse. Irish Rich was giving me shit the other day and saying how he wanted me to finish so he could see what I fucked up...he said that because I called him an old bastard or something.
First off, I didn't ever make the tool to press in the main drive gear, so I just took the lazy way out and had my buddy at the Harley dealership pop it in for me real quick.
If you notice on the gear, there are needle bearings on the inside. I almost fucked those up, but that's a whole different story.

Now we can install the gearset and trap door. Don't forget your gasket...notice the two dowels on the side?Those dowels help locate the trap door, but cause a slight interference fit. A few taps from the rubber mallet, the trap door and gearset is seated.

You can bolt the trap door on now...there are four larger allen bolts (15/16") on the bottom, and two smaller on the top (1/4")

No comments: