20080530

Frydizzle

Finally got to ride the R1 to work today. I was excited about finally leaving the car at home and saving some money on gas. I get about 5 miles from the house and the bikes fuel light comes on haha. So much for that.

It was a nice ride into work, had an altercation with a new Z06. After he caught up I gave him a thumbs up, those are really nice cars and I'm not really a "domestic" type of guy. I'd own the hell out of the 2009 Dodge Challenger though. Hmm.

Saw some disheartening news about a 22 year old guy and a 20 year old passenger that died last night while running from the cops. It's just sad really. Senseless to run. If they get you for speeding who cares, pay the ticket and do what you need to do, grow up, they got you and you had it coming. I'm guessing these kids thought Georgia had a no pursuit policy until the pursuit began and by that time they were screwed, so it was get away or die trying. Well, you didn't get away. I don't get it. I don't ever do anything stupid when I have a passenger on the back especially. I may cut loose now and then but its always within control and not to show off, its becuase I enjoy it and it feeds the adrenaline a little bit. I've also got the race license to back it up and probably over 200+ hours of on-track experience. This isn't about me though. My heart goes out to the family of the girl that died, it surely wasn't her choice to run, I bet she was scared for her life the entire time but thought "It could never happen to me". Poor thing. Rest in peace.

This weekend looks boring again. Time for beer and movies and some riding.

Teeters out.

No comments: