20080528

So here's a thought....

I haven't been out on the R1 in a little while. It's going to be a year old in August and it just turned 1200 miles. I haven't been making the 1 hour commute to my office on the bike lately, I've been driving my car. I'm standing at the pump today and have an interesting thought as it closes on the 70 dollar mark.

I scan the sky all around me and notice how it doesn't look like rain one bit. In fact, it is clear as can be and a light blue sky as the sun comes up. I start to realize that I put way too much stock in the weather man. I mean, I've raced in the rain, why am I not interested in riding in the rain?

My thought progression continues. Due to the weatherman telling me it was going to rain today and most of the week, I left the beautiful blue R1 power monger in the garage. I left its fuel efficiency behind me in order to stay dry. That doesn't make much sense as my money is far more important than my clothing lately.

I think the weathermen around the world have a deal with the fuel companies. They tell all of the world its always going to rain or have "scattered thunderstorms" so a lot of riders leave the bikes at home in leu of less hassle and more comfort.... This, in turn makes them drive their cars, use more gas and thus continue to drive the price of fuel upwards towards the stratosphere.

Probably just a conspiracy theory, but it sure could hold water in a Mel Gibson movie.

Guess its time to buy some rain tires.

1 comment:

J-Rod said...

Why do you think I put more miles on the bike than the truck now...well aside from the fact that I like riding more than 4 wheeling.