20081112

Most productive lazy evening in a long time

Since I couldn't find much else I felt like doing last night and I used most of my .45 supplies this weekend, I decided to get into some reloading. I test fired a few loads this weekend and was pleased with them so I felt confident in loading up another 100 rounds. I have brass already primed so tossing powder and projectiles in these took me about an hour. Not a bad night's work and frankly it was a good excuse to sit and have a few beers before bed.... You can see my helper is tired at the bottom of the picture from our 3 mile jog before getting started.

My next ambition is to get some dies for 7.62x54R which is the round my new PSL uses. I would really like to get a good load for that. Partly because they are expensive and partly because it should be a very good long range rifle (over 800 yds according to the soldiers that carry them) Pics of that to follow since right now it doesn't want to chamber a round properly.

No comments: