20090817

John Thomas Kessinger II...

When I bought my 1980 Wide Glide, I was told several stories by the owner regarding it's history, etc. Thinking that maybe it was mostly just fluff to make it sound like a good deal, I dismissed a lot of it. One particular story was about the paint job, which is signed "Jhon of KC." I heard about how this guy did the paint back in the 80's and this guy was real well known, etc. Well, being as how the paint was a sign of times in which it was built, a goal of mine was to change it. I figured I'd get this season's riding over with and then tear the bike down and redo the paint while I had it apart.

I get an email this morning from the previous owner with a link. He said that he found out that about 6 weeks ago the guy who painted my bike died. I thought it was nice of him to inform me of the situation, but I also thought it was badass that not only was there truth to another one of the stories that came with the bike, but I also got to learn more about the guy who did it. I may redo the paint on the bike still, but I think I'll take these pieces off and hang them on the wall.

Obituary

No comments: