20091013

Should've done research...nevermind.

I put some 1500 grit to the chrome on my hub last week in an attempt to dull it out, but that didn't work. I ended up dulling it with 400 grit. It looked good and wasn't too scuffed looking, so I thought I'd hit the chrome fork lowers and shocks with it. Well, since it took an hour to do a hub and the sliders have a funky shape, I thought I'd improvise, get some adhesive sanding discs and turn it with the drill a little. It did the job quick, but I burnt down to the copper in a couple of spots. I debated on pulling them and either powdering them or just sandblasting them. I kinda like the copper showing through in spots though. I'm going to do what I should have originally and hit them with a green Scotch Brite pad and WD40 tonight.

...and it ended up cool as shit.

2 comments:

STANDARDJOSH said...

i dig the shit out satin look, we did that shit alot at (nevermind)..

it to me has a rich look to it..

the white wheels arent my fav. but i wanna see the end result...

J-Rod said...

Good...I don't want it to be anyone's favorite. I stood it up against it last night and it looked bitchin'. I'm going to clean up the satin look, but have the copper showing through in spots. Hopefully the copper will oxidize and make it nice and ugly.