20100615

Getting older...

I'll be 30 this Saturday. A 30 year old dad...something that just kind of crept up on me without me thinking much about it. Damn. Have I really accomplished anything? Have I done anything with myself? I have accumulated a bunch of crap, had some good times, made a couple of cool things and drank more beers than probably any man should, but have I done anything that would make my kids proud to call me dad if I were to die today?

Probably not...and I'll just become more of an asshole as I get older.

If you're around town, come celebrate with me at the Firkin & Crown Pub on Saturday night. I'll be ringing in my old age with the nectar of the Gods and some alcohol-fueled billiards.



2 comments:

timebomb said...

Gonna get drunk!

T1 said...

you know your getting old when your wife say's "honey let's run up the stairs and make love" and you say "i cannot do both"!-Little Jimmie Dickens