20110207

A little weekend work...

I spent a couple of hours working on my bars yesterday (no pics) and those will be done next weekend. I also made some spacers for my bearing support (long story there), but once a make a little adjustment to the clutch setup, repaint the pipes, and pop on the mag I'll be done with version 2.1. In the meantime though, and at night after everyone is asleep at my house, I've been doing some painting. I'm working about 60 hours a week right now, so work in the garage is few and far between, but I can paint quietly and as late as want without disturbing anyone.

I started painting my primary belt last Sunday. I wanted to touch up a couple of places and I hadn't done the "Built" part yet. It says BDAC Built '80(since it's a 1980 model).

I decided to make a few cigar boxes. One for me and a couple for other BDAC studs. I might make more of them. I started on mine, which I will line with something to hold my paint brushes. I have a lot more to go, but I went ahead and did the lettering. I found it kind of ironic painting something that holds your paint supplies. Kinda like throwing away the box that trash bags come in.

It just looked plain and boring on its own, so I thought I'd give it a little added touch.

4 comments:

T1 said...

Very cool! Damn you people who can use a brush with out shaking.....

J-Rod said...

No shaking my ass...drink plenty of beer and learn how to hide your mistakes.

Justin said...

mahl stick

J-Rod said...

I had to look that up...interesting idea, but kinda cheating. Still doesn't really steady your hand from what I read, it just keeps it out of wet paint.