20110526

Sick and tired...

Okay, let me start out by saying, I understand it's hard to make it right now. Everyone is spread thin because of the economy and they're trying everything that they can to alleviate the ailments of struggling to stay afloat.

Now, with that being said I will begin my rant. I'm sick and tired of people in this industry slacking on their promises and not backing themselves up with good customer service, which is especially ironic as the majority of them would gladly bitch and moan about companies outsourcing their call centers. Why would a company keep jobs here when the people here are arrogant in their approach and have absolutely no ability to deal with the customer. I've recently been banged over the head with multiple instances of people not following through with what I paid or not backing up the product that they sold you. I've given a couple of these "companies" a last chance for redemption, but some I am through with.

For example...Drag Specialties. I will NEVER buy from them again. In their catalog it plainly states that a particular clutch pack is for Brute III/IV belt drives and that the TPP Variable pressure plate works with all Primo Pro Clutches. Well, I received both items and low and behold...false on both counts. Not only does the TPP plate say that it's for enclosed primaries only (something they failed to include), it will not work with my particular belt drive...open package. The clutch pack was the wrong size altogether. "Hey Seth, can I send this back?" "Yeah, but it will be about three weeks before you hear anything and they have a 25% restocking fee. Even then you'll still just get a Drag credit." Really? That's the kind of service that I receive from a place like that? I've dealt with J&P hundreds of times and their always prompt, willing to help and willing to fix their mistakes. The ONE time I deal with Drag this happens. Sorry Drag Specialties...you lost a couple of customers on that one.

I'll update further when/if I hear from the others.

No comments: