20090226

Booty call...

7:30 AM EST...I get a text message while I'm in the shower from some random number I don't recognize. It reads, "It's wet still on?" I turn around to look and see that it's still wet outside and think, "Hmm, I've told someone I'll do something and forgotten about it. I'll figure out who it is and try to remember." I text the number back with, "Do what?" Then I call to see if it pops up from my address book...nothing. Oh well, I'll just leave it alone.

8:02 AM EST...I'm getting ready to walk out the door on my way to work and the phone rings. I'm talking to my wife who is holding my 9 month old son. I look at the phone and it's the same number. I'm finally going to get to the bottom of who this is and hopefully remember what I've promised them, probably after dousing my liver with fine Belgian beer.

Me: "Hello."
Girl: "Greg?"
Me: "Huh?"
Girl: "Is this Greg?"
Me: "Nope."
Girl: "Sorry. Bye." *end*

After a second of thought before my morning coffee it dawns on me...THIS CHICK WAS LOOKING FOR SOME EARLY MORNING STUFFING FROM SOME DUDE NAMED GREG! Hilarious...and here I stand in front of my wife telling her this story of how I'm getting random booty call text messages before work.

Out I go to get on my bike and it's still raining...the weatherman said it'd be sunny. Fuck him.

2 comments:

Cap'n Cornhole said...

what a coincidence, my birth name is Greg.

J-Rod said...

I still have her number. I'll give it out...I ain't skeered.