20090219

Tranny building...again...

A little three way call with Jason and Baker Drivetrain today solved my dilemma regarding the 4th gear shift fork. Pretty much the long and short of it is, the threaded part of the rod that the 4th gear fork goes on needs to be back out through the front of the trap door. Prior to talking to Kim at Baker, I would've never seen this hole at all, but once I got to digging around, I found it. You have to back the threads out enough to get the fork on, and then thread it back, making sure to apply blue Loctite to the end of the threads so it stays put.
If you look, you can see the threaded portion of the rod coming through the front of the trap door...this is the same rod that is by itself on the bench in my last post. An allen key or T handle will fit into it, allowing it to be threaded out.

No comments: