20100709

Pisgah Vortex I...

In my efforts to keep people informed of good beer (and in hopes to change the beer that people drink in this culture), I picked up a bottle of Pisgah Brewing's Vortex I Triple Pale Ale.

Pisgah Brewing is located in Black Mountain, NC, near Asheville. They're a small local brewery and use organic products in their processes. They offer a wide variety of micro brews from Pale Ales to their very own Nitro Stout (think real Guinness...a stout brewed with Nitrogen, which gives it that cascade effect when poured into a glass).

The Vortex I is a good Pale Ale and is fairly hoppy. It's not overbearing with citrus like a lot of Pale Ales tend to be and it has a good after taste. Much like the Imperial Hatter, I expected a lot bolder beer (to the point of being a bit leary), but what came out of the bottle was a lot better and smoother than I imagined. It went great with venison burgers on the 4th and I'll definitely try more of their beers next time I'm in Boone.

No comments: