20101230

Live Nude Girls...

I know that the past few weeks have had very few actual motorcycle posts...well it's a combination of some people NOT POSTING and the fact that it's been colder than a witch's titty here in Georgia. I've had no desire to work outside, but that'll change soon. We've got a new shop space lined up that we'll spend Lord knows how long filling up with tools and shit, I'm starting on my new bars this weekend, I'll finish putting this transmission back together after I finish soda blasting it (see below) and I'll cut up a gas tank and rake a neck here soon. There will be plenty of new, good motorcycle stuff soon and once the new shop is up and running we'll have a party.




As far as the soda blaster, the idea is be able to blast parts that typically aren't conducive to sand blasting (carb parts, etc). Since baking soda is water soluble, you can remove grime and dull the finish without getting sand or some other potentially harmful abrasives lodged in a passage (only to come out and destroy some piston rings when you're 300 miles from home). This is a picture that I took off of the internet, but it's the same principle. Basically an air wand, some plastic hose, tape and a way to keep the hose straight in the box. Plug the air wand up to the compressor and pull the trigger. The venturi action of the air being pushed through the tube causes the soda to be pulled from the box, abrading the surface of whatever you put in front of it. Now baking soda isn't nearly as abrasive as sand or glass, so if you need to take a finish off this isn't the way to go. If you want to dull a finish or take the gloss out of powder coat (which I've done with those gloss gray parts I was iffy about), then this works great without having a blast cabinet.

1 comment:

Valarious said...

wait...where are the live nude girls?