20101011

Time for a Beer Post...

It's been a while since I've put up a beer post, so I figured I would break out a bottle that's been in the reserve for a while.

I got this bottle of Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Charlie, Fred & Ken's Bock back on the 4th of July. I've kept it without even consideration for when I would open it, especially since it was being refrigerated and not cellar-ed (even though I don't have a "cellar") like others I have.

Sierra Nevada decided to come out with several beers this year for their 30th Anniversary and this was one of the available brews. The differing beers are called their "collaboration of pioneering brewers" and have a unique approach to abnormal concoctions. This is a Helles Imperial Lager and it light in color and body. It had a great malty, sweet flavor, but was balanced well enough to not be overbearing with an aftertaste. It's definitely the kind of beer that you could sit down and drink several of without flinching, but it's the not the kind of beer that you should do that with.

If you can find one of the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary brews, give it a whirl. Even those that tend to shy away from higher end beers will most likely find that these are a lot more palatable than a lot of the more extreme projects and specialty beers that brewers make.

No comments: